Many people seem to choose parking with the Port of Galveston by default, not realizing that there are more convenient, customer service oriented options, such as Lighthouse Covered Cruise Parking, available to them.
Below is a summary of all the steps required when you choose to park with the Port as compared to the simple convenience of parking with Lighthouse Cruise Parking.
When you park at the Port of Galveston, first you must endure the traffic on Harborside Drive to reach the Port to drop off your luggage before you park, because the fee you pay to park at the Port does not include baggage handling.
- Navigate traffic down Harborside to enter the Port of Galveston.
- Wait in line until a space opens up where you can…
- Find a Port Policeman and ask him which parking lot you need to park in. The Port has 3 different lots and where you park depends on which ship is sailing that day.
- Navigate more traffic to get to your parking lot.
- Get parked.
- Wait for a shuttle. Have a snack. Wait some more.
- Ride back to the Port.
- Now you can, FINALLY, begin your vacation.
Park with the friendly, professional staff at Lighthouse Cruise Parking and…
- Drive to the Lighthouse entrance near Market St and 29th, luggage and all. Check in with our lot attendant who will direct you to a parking spot in our secured facility.
- Lighthouse Staff will load your luggage onto one of our shuttle buses.
- One of our friendly drivers will whisk you to the Port in climate controlled comfort. No need to endure aggravating traffic.
- Lighthouse Staff will unload your luggage at the Port.
Enjoy your Vacation!