Cruise Tips For Safe & Enjoyable Travel
Traveling preparation stress and worry while away from your home can often times take away the pleasure and relaxation desired during your vacation. At Lighthouse, we want to make sure that we can make your travel experience is memorable and enjoyable. Here are helpful cruise travel tips for an anxiety and stress-free cruise travel experience.
- Overflowing mail is like putting a neon sign in your front yard telling crooks that you are not at home. Requesting your mail to be held at your local post office is a great way to alert wrong doers that your home has been left unattended. You can also make this alert at www.usps.com for easy mail holding services.
- Packing beach towels can take up a lot of space in your luggage, and they most likely will not be completely dry by the time you disembark. Don’t worry, your cruise provider has plenty of towels on board, so don’t worry about packing them.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, consult with your physician prior to traveling for the best course of treatment. Over the counter motion sickness tablets are available, in addition you might choose an inside cabin mid ship to reduce the affects of the ships movements.
- Make a point to get a supply of $1 bills to use for tipping parking attendants, luggage porters, and service attendants.
- A collapsible clothes hamper that folds flat in your luggage will help keep your cabin tidy while on board.
- Placing timers throughout your home set to different settings allow your home to looked lived in while you are away. Remember to set a radio or television on a timer as well to create the effect of someone home can deter possible intruders.
- If you have any dietary restrictions it is best to notify your cruise line ahead of time to allow them to prepare for any special supplies. Nothing can ruin a travel getaway like an upset stomach.
- Personal 2-way radios are a great way to stay in touch while on board the ship and enjoying excursions. They are especially handy if traveling with children.
- Check with your homeowners insurance to see if they cover jewelry theft while traveling. While on board it is best to keep any important documents, jewelry or personal items in the room safe. Leaving unnecessary expensive jewelry at home might be a great way to put your mind at ease while traveling.
- Traveling abroad can bring some important security issues. Men, keep your wallet in your front pocket which is a more difficult spot to be pick pocketed. Place a rubber band around your wallet as to keep it compact and all contents secured if dropped. Ladies, while visiting destinations, leave jewelry on board and travel with a compact handbag in order to keep it close and less of a target for a bad guy.
- Make cards with your name, address, phone number, & email address to share with new friends that you meet on your cruise. Stiff, business card-style paper can be purchased at nearly any office supply store & having your cards handy sure beats hunting for pens & scribbling on scraps of paper to swap addresses.
- If traveling to a location where intense sunlight is anticipated, packing sunscreen is a MUST. As you draw closer to the equator, the suns UV rays are more intense making it easier to burn. Prevent sleepless nights with sun burnt skin by packing plenty of high SPF sunscreen.
- Sunglasses can be a lifesaver while relaxing on deck by the pool or while enjoying destination ports. Lighthouse suggests packing a few pair in case one pair is damaged or misplaced.
- Germicidal hand cleaner is a must have for adventure excursions where water might be at a premium or unavailable.
- If you pick an outside cabin, check to make sure your view of the sea isn’t obstructed by a lifeboat.
- Spa, massage, and salon’s on board are a great treat and special time of relaxation. Be sure to make your appointments ahead of time (if possible), or as soon as you board. Times will book up quickly, so to get the time you desire, book early!
- Pack anything that can leak in zipper top plastic storage bags.
Best Cruise Travel Tips from Lighthouse Parking
We hope that we have helped you prepare for your upcoming cruise. Remove the stress and anxiety of cruise travel by properly preparing for cruise travel.